THIS BLOG HAS MOVED! PLEASE VISIT WWW.MELINDASFITNESSBLOG.COM! FOR THE LATEST UPDATES & POSTS! Thank you! ;)

Disclaimer:
Welcome! The purpose of this blog is to share fitness tips, fitness routines and supplements that have worked well for me. Everybody has their own opinions related to fitness and I am just sharing mine. You are welcome to share your thoughts and experiences as well. If there is anything else you'd like to see just let me know and I'll do my best to accommodate your needs. :)

9.17.2008

3 Moves to Sexy Arms

Arms have been one of the easiest parts of my body to tone up and define. If you are looking to get toned arms, try the following routine 2 x per week.

Preacher Curls - 3 sets x 10 reps

There are multiple ways to complete this exercise, but I normally use an EZ-bar. Doing preacher curls lessens any momentum that would help you if you were doing regular bicep curls.




Tricep Pushdowns - 3 sets x 10 reps

I love the burn in my arms that I feel when I'm doing tricep pushdowns. When working out your arms, don't neglect your triceps.



Hammer Curls - 3 sets x 10 reps

I never used to like the thought of doing hammer curls because I thought it was more of a "guy's" exercise. Since I started doing them, I have really noticed shape in my inner biceps. Before I started working out, my left arm was substantially smaller than my right (I'm right handed) and dumbbell hammer curls really helped to build up my left arm. Now it doesn't look so ridiculous in comparison to my right arm! :)



If you follow this workout routine 1 or 2 x per week, I can guarantee you will notice a difference in the muscle tone of your arms.

For a great challenge, try completing 4 sets instead of 3, or try adding additional weight to really work your muscles!

Miss Melinda

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the tricept pull downs. They are one of my favorite. Nice looking blog going on here. I'll have to come back for more.

Mindi said...

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. :) I hope to see you around here again soon!