THIS BLOG HAS MOVED! PLEASE VISIT WWW.MELINDASFITNESSBLOG.COM! FOR THE LATEST UPDATES & POSTS! Thank you! ;)

Disclaimer:
Welcome! The purpose of this blog is to share fitness tips, fitness routines and supplements that have worked well for me. Everybody has their own opinions related to fitness and I am just sharing mine. You are welcome to share your thoughts and experiences as well. If there is anything else you'd like to see just let me know and I'll do my best to accommodate your needs. :)

9.09.2008

4 Ways to Tone Your Butt

Many people wonder how you can obtain a nice, round butt. A few lucky people were born with 'bubble butts', but some of us weren't as fortunate and that's okay! You'll just have to work a little bit harder to get that round booty. Read on to learn 4 moves you can use to shape and tone your butt.

1. Squats!

Squats are wonderful for building up your butt muscles and they are my favorite 'butt move' of all time. If you're just starting out, you don't have to add any weight, you can just perform the squat. As you get accustomed to doing 3 sets of squats regularly, you'll eventually want to add weight. The most important thing to remember is that you should NOT be afraid to lift heavy. You need to push yourself to fire up your muscle fibers.

2. Lunges.

Okay, to be honest, I hate doing lunges. I personally think they're extremely boring, but they do help to tone and shape your butt, so I thought I should add them anyway. Some people may enjoy them, I just prefer to do other kinds of exercises. (like squats) If you are first starting out, you can perform the lunges without weights. Once your body gets accustomed to lunges, try adding some hand weights to your workout.

3. Stair/Hill Climbing.

I know not everyone has access to a hill that they can run up on a regular basis...but if you have stairs, they are a great alternative. You could also use a stair stepping machine. Skipping a stair or two will get your butt in shape even faster, plus you'll burn more fat because your body is working harder.

4. Running.

If you love to run (unlike me...haha), it can be very beneficial to your backside, plus you're getting your cardio in as well.

I hope these butt-shaping moves are helpful to you. If you have other ways to tone your butt, please do share with the rest of us. :)
Miss Melinda

2 comments:

Nicole Feliciano said...

Cool blog. I thought I'd give you the head's up on a fun contest from lucy activewear. I'm teaming up with them on my blog to give away two ltd. edition breast cancer awareness tees. Here's the link for details.

http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2008/09/lucy-tee-contest-and-chic-moms-guide.html

Jewelry Rockstar said...

This makes me wanna stop surfing the web and start squatting the bottom.