THIS BLOG HAS MOVED! PLEASE VISIT WWW.MELINDASFITNESSBLOG.COM! FOR THE LATEST UPDATES & POSTS! Thank you! ;)

Disclaimer:
Welcome! The purpose of this blog is to share fitness tips, fitness routines and supplements that have worked well for me. Everybody has their own opinions related to fitness and I am just sharing mine. You are welcome to share your thoughts and experiences as well. If there is anything else you'd like to see just let me know and I'll do my best to accommodate your needs. :)

7.17.2008

Ow, my legs!!!!

I worked out my legs and shoulders last night....I can still really feel it in my quads. I have just recently started doing pyramid sets, where I increase the weight each set and I think it really makes a difference! (Verses just using the same weight for all 3-4 sets) I think I may keep doing this for awhile. It's really allowing me to feel the burn, which makes me feel like I am really accomplishing something. I'm finally starting to see some muscle in my arms, back and legs. It's so exciting - especially since I just had my 2nd son this past Spring!

Here's my most recent leg workout:

Deadlifts - 55# 1 set x 10 reps, 60# 1 set x 10 reps, 65# 2 sets x 10 sets (I LOVE deadlifts)

Squats: 45# 1 set x 12 reps, 50# 1 set x 10 reps, 55# 1 set x 8 reps

Leg Extensions: 35# 2 sets x 12 reps, 40# 1 set x 12 reps

Military Press: 35# 2 sets x 10 reps, 1 set x 8 reps

That was one of my best workouts in a long time. Seeing these improvements really helps me to stay motivated to keep exercising. =)

0 comments: